To assist and support through fellowship and action the fathers and families of individuals with Down syndrome.
Our mission is simple and the way we accomplish our mission is as varied as our members, but D.A.D.S. Chapters stay true to our goals:
- To create a network of fathers willing to develop a program based on the needs of the men involved
- To enhance a fathers knowledge and resources about children and individuals with Down syndrome
- To enhance personal advocacy skills
- To heighten a family’s ability in coping with the unique challenges of raising a child with Down syndrome
- To provide a safe atmosphere of support where men can openly share
- To enhance a man’s inherent nurturing and care taking skills
- To have fun and to build camaraderie and friendships among fathers and families of children with Down syndrome
Working toward our goals, each of us contributes in our own way, and each of us gets far more than we give.